Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #90

cover image via www.authorwendywax.com

What While We Were Watching Downton Abbey is about:
When the concierge of The Alexander, a historic Atlanta apartment building, invites his fellow residents to join him for weekly screenings ofDownton Abbey, four very different people find themselves connecting with the addictive drama, and—even more unexpectedly—with each other…

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey was completely and utterly.....delightful!! I found myself really liking Sam, Claire, Brooke, and most especially Edward. What is so funny about this book is that I suggested to my friend a few months ago that a group of us go to her house on Sundays to watch Season 3 of Downton Abbey together, which is exactly what we will be doing! There were so may parallels between the women's stories and our own and how we tend to forget all of our worries when we're talking about Downton Abbey.

Recommend? Yes! I love how Wendy really has her pulse on women's friendships and real-life situations. I felt that I could have sat down with these three characters on any given Sunday evening and left with life-long friends!!

Source: NetGalley and Berkley Trade



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #90
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

19 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! My whole family, including my kids are into Downton Abbey, and when my sister came from Zurich, we got her into it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew people who got together to watch LOST! :<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for your review of this one! Glad it was so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so nice :) I enjoy a good read about friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it, too, Staci...and your review! Have fun doing your own watching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now getting caught up on season 3 with my husband, who is British. We love the series, and were hooked from the first series when it first came out. Last fall we saw Downton actor Dan Stevens (Matthew) on stage in the Heiress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books ike this. I haven't seen Downton Abbey but everyone I know that has, loves it. A friend of mine just did the OnDemand marathon of Downton Abbey this weekend and said she's hooked. Anyway, sounds like a fun book. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a fan of Downton and Wendy Wax, so glad to hear that you connected to the book! I just got a copy and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww that's such a lovely review Staci. We're done with season 3 and the latest Christmas special and we're feeling kind of bereft ... maybe this is just what I need to hold me over til season 4 in Sept :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter and I watch it every week. Loved your review and added the book to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to request this from the library - sounds irresistible!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a fun book! Shocking, I know, but I have yet to watch Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the sound of this one since I am hooked on Downton Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the first series of Downton but haven't watched anymore. I should see if I can get the second series from the library or something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is next up on my audio list and I can't wait! I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I gotta get this one!! Love DA AND WW!! Glad it's got the Staci seal of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you are doing this with your girlfriends! I need more girlfriend time.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!