Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Perfect Proposal- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #96


image courtesy of NetGalley


What A Perfect Proposal is about:
From the moment Sophie hits the bright lights of Manhattan she's determined to enjoy every minute of her big adventure. So when an evening at an art gallery throws her into the path of Matilda, a spirited old lady who invites her to Connecticut for Thanksgiving, Sophie willingly accepts, much to the dismay of Matilda's grandson Luke. 


Katie Fforde once again wrote a book that helped me escape the daily grind for a few hours. I'm such a sucker for Brit Chick Lit and this is one that I really adored!! Sophie is such a sweet, caring, and sympathetic character. I was able to like her immediately and suspend all disbelief as her story took me from England, to America, and back to England, where she unexpectedly finds her HEA. Matilda was a character that I took quickly to my heart as I have a soft spot for older people and their life stories. The ending was perfect and overall the reading experience was very enjoyable!!

Recommend? Sure!! If you like Brit Chick Lit then you need to add Fforde to your list of books to read. The stories and characters are charming!

Source: NetGalley and St. Martin's Press



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #96
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.


19 comments:

  1. This does sound like a charming story! I haven't read too much British Chick Lit, but I can see why you like it. It sounds perfect for escaping for a short while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful ... I'm up for escapism :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great; you have made great progress with your eGalleys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like chick lit and no one can write it like the Brits do. This sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a sweet novel. Adding it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are becoming an expert on British chick lit! I still want to go there but haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am fond of ritish Chick lit though I'm not British and am way past being a chick! This one sounds like a nice entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds charming. I'll keep this one in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to be in the right mood to read chick lit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like an occasional chick lit. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously need to give British chick lit a try.... wonder if Barbara Pym and Angela Thirkell were considered the chick lit equivalent of their time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Brit Chick Lit. It's been a while so I need to get with it. This one sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I have been looking for some nice Brit chicklit and this sounds like something I could enjoy. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to add this to my library - I'm sorely missing books that are just fun to read right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll read her other one first. If I like it I'm sure I'll want to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm definitely going to have to check this one out because I love books like this once in awhile. I really need to read more of them because I've been in the romance reading mood. I'll see if my library has this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is definitely an author I want to read. I need some light and fun books right now!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!