Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A French Affair- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #91

cover image courtesy of www.katiefforde.com

What A French Affair is about:
Gina and Sally Makepiece have inherited a stall in the French House - an antiques centre nestled in the heart of the English countryside. Gina is determined to drag the French House and its grumpy owner into the twenty-first century. Bearing all the attributes of a modern-day Mr Rochester, Matthew Ballinger is less than happy with the whirlwind that has arrived on his doorstep. The last thing either of them want is to fall in love.

I found A French Affair to be a wonderful way to escape the world for a few hours. I absolutely fell in love with the whole idea of finding "smalls" and antiquing for a living. I love flea markets and the thrill of the find. Pair that with an idyllic setting, a sister who is your best friend, and a grumpy, but oh so adorable leading man, and I say that is a recipe for fun reading!

Recommend? If you love British Chick Lit then yes, you should put this one on your list. I liked Katie's book and will make sure to add her titles to my ever-growing love affair with all things British!!!

Source: NetGalley and Sourcebooks



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #91
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

16 comments:

  1. This does feel like a good "escape read". Glad u enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A idyllic way of making a living I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great fantasy -both the French house AND the English countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love British chick lit and Paris so this book sounds perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my girlfriends just loves British Chic Lit. I'm going to buy her this book as a surprise.

    Happy Thursday, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've read any British Chick Lit, but this sure sounds like a nice escape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read another review on this one. Sounds idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fun ... I like flea markets too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've long wanted to read this author, so I'll keep this one in mind for when I'm in a chick lit mood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, I do have a thing for Mr. Rochester :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer British chick lit but it has been years since I read a Katie Fforde. I need to get back to her books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! This sounds like a great book for when one needs a fun, light read. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could use an escape and I tend to like grumpy heroes ;) Adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!