Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Walking Back to Happiness- Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #86


What Walking Back to Happiness is about:
Juliet's hiding from her feelings about the recent loss of Ben, the love of her life. If it weren't for having to walk Ben's loyal dog, Minton, she'd never leave their half-finished house. Then her mother asks her to take her elderly lab, Coco, along. One dog leads to another, and soon Juliet's the unofficial town pet-sitter. And when she takes on a lonely spaniel, and gets to know its attractive owner, she realizes that her emotions aren't as easy to handle as her canine charges.

I'm a sucker for books that feature dogs on the covers and as integral pieces to the the overall storyline. Lucy Dillon has once again written a book that touched my heart and has proven to me that animals really can help heal a broken heart. This was a great story about grief, loneliness, family, and the quest to be happy. I became really invested in Juliet's story and even though I've never lost a spouse to death, I felt a connection to her grief and inability to move on with her life without her husband.

Recommend? Yes! This book was a solid read for me. I look forward to Lucy Dillon's next release.

Source: Public Library



Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts #86
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

15 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for dog books too, especially now that we don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover. I've never owned a dog, but I could easily see how having one could enhance one's life and even heal a person's deep grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the book has a dog on the cover, I am looking at it further and love it when they are an important part of the story. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I like the..UK? covers more. These are just so, cheap in a way :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you with these dog stories. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is so cool, with the dog begging for a walk. They say walking your dog is a good way to meet other people. Sounds like it worked in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover as well! And even though it sounds predictable, I know I would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, I love stories with animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you know I can't resist anything with a Golden on the cover. Happy to hear it's really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah...nothing like a good "dog changes your life" book :) I'm adding this one to my WishList as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too, dogs sucker me every time! Glad this one was also a good read, I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks good. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished Suspect (Crais). It combines a police procedure with a K9. You might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like this must be pretty sad, but I'm intrigued by the dog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!