Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Intros: Level 2



 posts the opening paragraph (maybe two) of a book
 she decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s).
 Feel free to grab the banner and play along!

My Tuesday Intro pick is Lenore Appelhans (fellow book blogger and friend) debut novel, LEVEL 2 ( MEMORY CHRONICLES). I'm beyond excited for Lenore so I am doing my little bit to add to the buzz about her book and hoping that my book friends may even go so far as to get a copy! Lenore is such a positive force out there in the book blogging sphere. She writes an amazing YA blog, keeps us entertained with pictures of her kitties, and still finds time to visit other bloggers.

So without further ado here is the opening paragraph of her new book...........................





Chapter 1
I'll sleep when I'm dead. I used to say it a lot. When my dad suggested I turn off the flashlight I thought I so expertly hid under my covers. That time youth pastor Joe told us to pipe down at the church lock-in. The balmy summer night I convinced Autumn to sneak out after midnight so we could dance in Nidda Part, arms outstretched to the stars. But then I died.

 Would you continue reading this one
 based on the opening paragraph?

11 comments:

  1. I'm always excited for new authors and hope this one is a success. Thanks for joining in; I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by the opening. She died, and then what? The beginning of an entire book. Yes, I'd keep reading!

    (My own book teaser is a quote from the middle of the first chapter. The first paragraph was too bland to use for a First Para-Tuesday meme this week.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good!! Will have to check her out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a copy last week! I'm thrilled for Lenore too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this doesn't sound like my usual read, but the opener does intrigue me. Thanks for sharing...and I'll have to visit this author's blog. I don't think I've ever been there.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it will be an exciting story! I wish there had been books like this when I was a teen. Good luck with the debut. I hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited about this book too! Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd have to keep reading. My curiosity is way up about what's going on with this person who is dead but still talking to us. How great that the author is a fellow blogger. I'll have to check out the book.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!